Wednesday, June 26, 2013

To my Liebchen, for June 25th

Liebchen... So, yeah. 10 years together this month, 9 years in the house a few months back, and 8 years of marriage. 

I couldn’t love you more than I did the first day that we met at Howler’s, briefly introduced by our ex’s. Or the first day we spent time together, at the Zoo. Or our first date, at the Carnegie Museum and Banjo Night at James Street. Or the first time we kissed, at my apartment, when I drew a mustache on you and Chacha sat on your head and gave approval. Or the first time you told me you loved me, standing in Zythos, and I dropped my purse and kissed you, and we were so full of wonder. Or when we moved in together and you realized just how many books I owned and still let me through the door. Or when we bought our house and then continued to kill ourselves for nearly a decade making it our incredible home. Or when you asked me to marry you, in the Sculpture Hall at the Carnegie. Or when we got married on the cliffs of California in Goat Rock. Or when we brought Mambo home and couldn’t find her in the dark because she was so small and now she’s our everything. Or when we brought Rummy home and had to teach him what grass was, but now he loves us more than triangles and treats. Or when we have explored the US and Europe together; creating tales and drinking wine and experiencing life and history together, especially our afternoons in the gardens in Paris. Or when we held hands watching our family and friends get married, and helped with their new houses, and met their sweet little babies that we squeeze and love. Or meeting little darling little Lily for the first time. Or when we just sit around a fire, or on the porch, or even just lazing on the couch snuggling dogs and entertaining each other like no one else can do.

We’ve rocked it through every up, every down, every hug, and every high five.

“365 Things I Love About Liebchen” is now 2,920 Reasons. I gave up recording them because it took too much time away from squeezing your sweet little face.

I stupid love you. I’m still love tornado struck. Mein liebchen. Je t’aime, mon petit chou-fleur. Watashi, no chishiki. These were our only vows, and I mean them more today than ever.


And, here's our wedding song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akl3k1kcPvY

No comments:

Post a Comment